Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chicken Poppyseed Pasta Salad


 Of all the pasta salads we make, this one is the 
most requested.

 It is sooooo good.

How good is it you ask??




Even the little lady couldn't stay out of it.


It can also be served as a main dish.  
Just put over some nice greens and serve with a great bread.



You won't be chopping veggies all day either. 
Mostly dumping things into your hugest bowl.




It makes enough to feed a  small village.
I've got 23 offspring now, I'd say that's a small village.


It's Shalie's most favorite food ever. 
Steel's not so sure yet.



It's the goodest one. 
That's how good.

Chicken Poppyseed Pasta Salad

1 lb. pasta - I usually use Bowtie or Rotini (the veggie pasta is my favorite, much prettier than plain)
3 bottles Brianna's poppyseed dressing (I've subbed out off brands to save $$$, but it's not quite as good)
5 cooked, cubed chicken breasts (If I'm short on time, I'll pick up a couple roasted chickens from Sam's Club instead.  I've also used canned chicken breast - like 4-5 of them, but this is my last resort)
2 bunches green onions, sliced
3 cans mandarin oranges, drained
few huge handfuls fresh bean sprouts (If you can't find fresh - leave out!  Don't use canned)
1/2 bag frozen peas (I like that baby peas best, more tender)
few handfuls almonds (I think dry roasted almonds roughly chopped are the best, but I've also used slivered and sliced)

Cook pasta al dente in salted water, drain and rinse in cold water.  Mix everything together gently.  Salt and pepper to taste although you won't need much of either.  Tastes even better the next day. 


Posted by: Rona

No comments:

Post a Comment