Thursday, June 20, 2013

Churro popcorn

It's no secret to my family and friends that one of my all time favorite treats is a nice hot churro.  I can spot the signature "churro smell" anywhere.  This past spring we had a family vacation to Disneyland and I think it's safe to say I spent way to much money on those $3.75 churros, and i'd do it again in a heartbeat.  I found this recipe a while back, and knew it was something I needed to add to my list of things to try.  I was hooked.  It's an easier way to get that churro fix.  Enjoy.

12 ish cups of popcorn ( I have an air popper and I did 2 1/2 cup pops)
1 stick butter
1 packed cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup white chocolate chips

Combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 30 seconds to melt butter a bit, stir, and return to micro for 2 more minutes.  Stir again and microwave yet another 2 minutes.  Remove from microwave and add baking soda, pecans, and vanilla.  Pour over popped popcorn and stir to evenly coat.  Pour mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet (makes for super easy clean-up) and bake at 250 for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.  After it's done, I like to transfer it to wax paper so that it wont stick to foil while it's cooling.  Cool and drizzle with white chocolate. 

Posted by Tiffany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment