Thursday, June 20, 2013

Veggie Turkey Wraps

I could live off these things!! 


Here's what I did:

Take two cream cheese spreads ( I happened to have a vegetable one, and a onion and chive one), let them soften for a while, and mix them together with:

Juice from a lemon
3-4 chopped green onions
Any fresh herbs you want - I used parsley

Spread on 6 large tortillas or wraps.  Cover the whole thing because this is your glue.  Down the middle add a little pile of:

shaved turkey from the deli - about 2 pounds (lunch meat just ain't gonna roll up right)
4 julienned carrots
1 julienned English cuke - I left the peel on this, since it's not like the peel of regular cukes that remind me of vinyl flooring
little row of watercress

I julienned these on my mandolin so they'd be all perfect and whatnot, but you could easily just do it with a knife.  Julienning the carrots on the mandolin was a little tricky because they weren't super big. Judging by my kitchen, it was somewhat of a battle.  There were carrot shreds from hell to breakfast.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roll up TIGHT.  I'm talking tight - like last years skinny jeans tight.  

Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for an hour or so.  Cut in half on an angle and serve.  I took these to Relief Society so I cut them in 6 pieces each and put on a tray. 


Lovely little finger food.


Posted by: Rona

No comments:

Post a Comment