Thursday, October 17, 2013

Browned Butter Alfredo

We don't eat that much beige... but when we do...
make it be

Browned Butter Alfredo

This is so good you're gonna freak the freak out. 
 




And it's all about the browned butter.  It most definitely takes this to a whole new level of excitement. 
Browned butter's better. 


Whenever I see a new pasta shape, 
I start to hyperventilate with excitement. 

Elbow macaroni?  Nevuh nevuh nevuh.
It's that same feeling  I got when I spotted that 5 gallon bucket of honey. 

My new favorite pasta shape - campanelle. 
And yes, I say it with my best Italian accent. It's kind of impressive.

These pics don't show the flecks of browned butter goodness, but trust me, they were there and those little flecks made this dish.


Like any pasta dish, you and add all the extras you want - like top with garden tomatoes if they're in season. 
But really, four ingredients, ten minutes.  Can you beat that?? 
Throw in a great green salad and you're good to go. 


As simple as this is, it actually tastes better than you think.  And once again, let me proclaim that it's all because of the browned butter.  And no, it doesn't need garlic since that's your next question. It has a rich creamy flavor all on it's own and needs nothing more. 



This kid loved it!
Joy overload.
Dinner and jokes.  


And my little cowboy, 
who eats like a big cowboy,
 chowed after an afternoon of pumpkin picking.




Browned Butter Alfredo

1/2 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
or use half cheddar (I did because that's what I had)
1 lb. pasta

Begin cooking the pasta in boiling salted water.  Meantime, cook the butter in a skillet over medium heat until browned.  Add cream, stir with a whisk.  Slowly add the cheese, stir until melted. Drain cooked pasta, add sauce and you're done.


YUM!


Posted by: Rona

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Love me some mac 'n cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo excited to try this. I LOVE browned butter...mazithra cheese at the Old Spagetti factory is my fav and it's all because of the browned butter. I think I'll go get me some cream right now, thanks again and again Rona. You will for sure be on Ellen sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done anything with browned butter. But this looks AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this over the weekend and it was yummy

    ReplyDelete