Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donut Holes (baked)

 I don't know if you have any plans to bake today or not, but if you don't, you better change your mind and make these.  You will NOT be disappointed.  I am a lover of all things pumpkin-and a fan of donuts in every form and flavor.  Baking with pumpkin is the perfect thing to do on a lovely fall day, and I dare say this is my favorite pumpkin recipe OF.All.TIME.

  I sent my boys out this morning with a double batch of these babies.  They were headed up to the mountain to cut firewood, and I am sure these were the perfect breakfast.  These channel the texture of a classic cake donut.  They are one of those yummy things that can double as a dessert.  The boys have already converted to the Palmer way of eating every dessert (cake, pie, cookies, even ice cream) in a bowl of milk.  Me and Bo still like ours on a plate, but either way, you CANNOT go wrong with these little balls of autumn heaven.


























Here's what I did:

In a large bowl combine
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Whip with a wire whisk until lumps are gone and everything is very well combined.

Add:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

Bake in a mini muffin pan (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) at 350 for 12-18 minutes depending on the size of your pan.  I have 2 different sizes of mini muffin pans, so watch to ensure they don't burn.  Also, these are very moist and dense so they won't brown much but will still be done.

Once they are done, let them cool for 10 minutes or so, just so that you can handle them without getting burnt.  Dunk "holes" into melted butter (I use around 1/4 cup) then roll in cinnamon sugar.

Your house will smell incredible, and these will become a favorite, I just know it!  Enjoy!

Posted by Tiffany :)

3 comments:

  1. I cant WAIT to try these. This is happening today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiawna made these and brought them to us for conference....amazing! I will be making these for out guest coming to town tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were the BEST thing that we made to eat durring conference. Even those who don't love pumpkin said these were delicious. Good post Tiffany! I love any recipe that comes from you....pure awesome!
    posted by: Tiawna Moses (I don't have an account to post with so I'm anonymous.)

    ReplyDelete