Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tortellini Pasta Salad

Tortellini pasta salad
 
Beautiful, flavorful and best when made the day before.
 
This pasta salad is seriously missing nothing.  It's full of great ingredients that I almost always have on hand. It's a breeze to throw together and so convenient to be able to make the day before!
 
 


 
*Now when I made this, I did it for a huge crowd. Feel free to cut everything in half if it's just for your family.
 
Two bags of tortellini pasta
On the package, it says to boil for 6-7 minutes. I seriously boiled for maybe 2 minutes because I knew it would be sitting in the fridge overnight and would absorb liquid. Nobody likes a limp noodle. ;)
Drain pasta and immediately rinse with cool water so it quits cooking. Again, mushy pasta is gross.
 
2 cups of cubed, fresh mozzarella
1 cup halved, black olives. I'm sure green olives would be delicious also
2 cups halved grape tomatoes. (I had tomatoes from the garden so I used those instead, although grape tomatoes would probably be prettier).
1 jar of roughly chopped artichoke hearts
big handful of sliced green onions
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper (don't skimp)
 
Place the pasta and all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
 
Put 2 cups olive oil and about 3 HEAPING spoonful's of pesto in a mason jar. Shake it up.
You can use a store bought pesto or make your own, it's delicious both ways.
*I REALLY like basil and wanted more of that flavor then the pesto offers, plus I have oodles of it in my garden, so I rough chopped about 1/4 of a cup and added it in. Plus some to garnish, of course.
 
Toss together the Pasta mixture and the EVOO mixture.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight if you wish.
*You may need to add a little more olive oil prior to serving it. Like I said, that Pasta will continue to absorb.
*Before serving, sprinkle with parmesan and top with sliced tomatoes if you want.
 
 
 
 



And lets bring it in for a close up
 


MMMMMMMMM!
 
Posted by Cambria

No comments:

Post a Comment