Tuesday, July 2, 2013

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


These are one of my favorite types of cookies, so awhile back I started experimenting and came up with this recipe.  It works every time.  One tip, buy GOOD white chocolate chips.  I like the Guittard brand.  It will make all the difference.  One challenge though, try not to eat all the dough before you get around to baking the cookies.

1 cup room-temp butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
        Cream together these 3 ingredients on high speed for a good 2-3 minutes, then add:

2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
       Turn mixer back to high for another minute, making sure everything gets nicely incorporated.  Once it's looking good and fluffy, switch to the paddle attachment and add:

3 (ish) cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
       Mix just for a bit to combine, don't over-mix this part.  Next add 1 bag of white chocolate chips and 1 5 oz. bag of macadamia nuts.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  I like to bake these on a stone, and if I do that, it seems to need a minute or so longer than if I bake them on a regular cookie sheet.  Also, I never really measure the flour exact, so add it gradually and do a tester cookie to see if you need more flour.  If the cookie comes out flat, add a little more flour until it comes out right!

Posted by: Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment